Angela White is the founder of Silver Lining Entertainment Company. Angela recently made history as the first African American woman to produce a faith-based movie for national distribution with the new movie, A Question of Doubt. For more information on the movie go to AQuestionoffaith.com
Listen to her interview and check out the notes below.
1. KNOW THE BUSINESS IN SHOW-BUSINESS
Angela has been in entertainment all her life from her upbringing in New Jersey. She started in music and began producing in 2001. On “A Question of Faith” she was the “produced by” producer which is a coveted position. She attributed her success to her knowledge of the business side as well.
2. CREATIVE ENDEAVORS INVOLVE A PROCESS
Angela shared the steps involved in producing a movie starting with acquiring financing. Without money, nothing else can happen. She shares that the production of movies is a very systematic process.
3. DO YOUR HOMEWORK
Angela shares that it is important to research and study the field you are getting into. Some of the ways she did it was through finding mentors, working in the field, attending seminars and reading books.
4. KEYS TO SUCCESS
Angela shared on this episode that there are some keys to success.
- Being financially prepared is one. Have another way to support yourself while you are getting into a new business venture.
- Have a support system around you – mentors, family.
- Keep detractors at bay.
- Be focused on what your purpose is.
- Stay positive. Keep a positive attitude.
Be sure to subscribe to the Ideas 2 Life Podcast to receive future episodes and check out the archive of past shows.